2009/01/20

DAL METHI LEAVES RICE


INGREDIENTS:
 

Rice - 1 cup 
Toor Dal - 1 cup 
Methi leaves - 2 cups 
Salt to taste 
Grinded coconut - 2 tbsps
Sambar powder - 3 tsps 
Tamarind juice - 1/2 cup 
Onion - 1 
Mustard , Jeera - 1 tsp each 

METHOD OF PREPARATION : 
 
1) Heat oil in kadai . Add mustard , jeera . Once it splutters , add chopped onion and tomato,saute till tender. 

2) Then add methi leaves , sprinkle some water and cover it with a lid .Wait till it gets cooked.



3) Pressure cook rice and dal with 4 cups of water for 3-4 whistles. Open the lid.



4) Add tamarind juice , sambar powder , grinded coconut and salt.Mix them well. Cook for 5 minutes, remove from the flame.

Serve hot with potato fry. Sending these to FIC - YELLOW hosted by Sunshinemom , Srivalli's My Legume Love Affair Event and Susan's Event and Sudeshna's Festival of Rice.Click here .

14 comments:

Vidhya said...

I make only chapathis with methi leaves. Thats why I rarely buy this methi cos my husband is not a very big fan of chapatis or rotis. This is new to me. Will try this version next time.

Sum Raj said...

woo my mom makes this rice in microwave...i like it...urs is too gud.

Anonymous said...

New to me..bet its super nutritious..

Unknown said...

imake methi pulao but this is very new to me loks very intresting shama nice recipe for lunch box i think

Priya Suresh said...

This is quite healthy n looks delicious Shama...

Preety said...

i love the taste of methi i also use it in parathas, or raita, never tried in dal

Varsha Vipins said...

I couldnt get Methi leaves anywhere here..sigh..looks like a lovely dish Shama..

AnuSriram said...

Thats a nice idea! Will try it! I have something for you in my blog.. Pls accept!

Varsha Vipins said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gita Jaishankar said...

It looks very delicious Shama, ideal dish for packing lunches...

anudivya said...

Sounds great! And looks like all those lovely events get to feature this! :)

Uma said...

mmm. mouth-watering! Nice new recipe!

Vijitha said...

Nutritious food! looks so lovely.

Sunshinemom said...

Haven't had it this way yet, at least not with fresh methi! I do add kasuri methi to all my dals so I can imagine the taste and say - Hey delicious!!Thank you - I think there will be one round up just for you:))

KOLLU IDLI (Horse gram Idli)