2014/02/03

PORICHA KUZHAMBU


A truly authentic and traditional kuzhambu for my friend , Nalini on her birthday as a virtual birthday party treat , tried from her space.

INGREDIENTS :

Brinjal - 3
Drumstick - 1
Broad beans/Avaraikkai - 5-6 nos
Pearl Onions - 10 nos
Tomato - 1
Chilli powder - 2 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsps
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp 
Coriander leaves and curry leaves - few
Salt to taste

To grind : 

Coconut - 1/4 cup
Jeera - 3/4 tsp

For Tadka :

Mustard - 1 tsp
Urat dal - 1/2 tsp
Jeera - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - a pinch

METHOD OF PREPARATION :

1. Boil veggies in a vessel till done .
2.Meanwhile , heat oil in a pan .Saute the onions till transparent,then add tomato.
3.Add boiled veggies to it and spice powders with salt.Saute for few minutes.
4.Then , add the grinded masala to it .Mix it well and cook in slow flame till done .

Serve hot with Rice.

15 comments:

Asiya Omar said...

Super kuzhambu. Nattu kaykarikalodu semai.

Chitra said...

Looks so nice.lovely color:)

Priya Anandakumar said...

My fav poricha kuzhambu, made beautifully...

Shoba said...

Tastes awesome..I tried it once in hotels.

Resna said...

looks so tasty..

Rafeeda AR said...

wow looks so tasty...

great-secret-of-life said...

looks so tasty.. love the color of the gravy

Nava K said...

I see drumsticks in the gravy and I am drooling over it.

Priya said...

Love this poricha kulambu .I used to do it with snake guard...

Sangeetha Nambi said...

I can lick it simple ! Yumm yummm !

Unknown said...

Lovely recipe...its so delicious love it dear :)

Gita Jaishankar said...

This is one of my favs...looks delicious.

Nalini's Kitchen said...

Thank you Shama for this wonderful and surprise treat..I am so much blessed to have friends like you.You surprised me even in your busy work..BtwThe kulambhu looks so delicious and its one of my favorite...

Sangeetha M said...

One of my fav dish...looks inviting shama..perfect with rice n papad :)

Sona said...

Looks delicious and yummy..

KOLLU IDLI (Horse gram Idli)